One of the most important investments leaders make to ensure the success of their partnership is to develop strong relationships among the partners.
Do you do business with people you don’t respect?
Do you refer friends and colleagues to service providers you don’t like?
Are you transparent with leaders you don’t trust?
Do you communicate easily with people you don’t understand?
Not likely. We prefer to do business with people we know, respect, like and trust.
The top 4 things all partners want to know:
1. Who are you?
2. What organization are you from?
3. What are your roles and responsibilities?
4. How can you help me meet my needs?
How can you develop relationships?
1. Create purposeful time for partners to learn about each other as human beings.
2. Avoid hokey ‘icebreakers’ where people feel forced to be social, and little value is added to working towards your specific objectives.
3. Build time into every partnership experience for people to connect.
©2016 Enette Pauzé & Level 8 Leadership Institute. All rights reserved
- Posted by Enette Pauzé
- On July 21, 2016